C. and I just got home from the Utah football game. We left 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter, after I spent most of the 1st quarter walking her up and down the concourse. C. is a bit too young for D-1 football, me thinks. W. and M. are still there - the game is now in the 4th quarter. They are going to ride Trax (the train) to the station closest to our house and then we will go pick them up. It is so nice to live someplace where public transportation not only exists, but is a practical means of transportation.
I have to say that today's game was a bit overwhelming for me, too. When I was in college, I remember going to the football games to watch the band perform (they wore real kilts and had bagpipes and were pretty cool, I think) but the game itself wasn't much to watch. And the stadium was small - not much bigger than my high school stadium - and there were concession stands, but not many. Utah plays football in Rice-Eccols Stadium, which is where the opening and closing ceremonies for the Olympics were held. It's pretty big. And loud. And lots of concession stands and people and sensory overload. M. was having a blast and I'm glad for that - but I was kind of glad to come home. Utah is also trying pretty hard to lose to Air Force, so it's not like I'm missing a great game. It's also not like I'm a huge football fan - we went to today's game because a family from the church has season tickets and were out of town today and gave us their seats.
C. is happy now. She woke up from both her naps (morning and afternoon) early today - this does not make for a happy baby or a happy mommy. And then fell asleep before I left the stadium with her when I was coming home. Woke up when I put her in the car and talked really loudly until we got on the interstate - about 10 minutes or so. She had a lot to get out about what she had seen and heard, I guess. And then fell asleep and slept the rest of the way home. And has now eaten and is playing. And just thought really hard about trying to climb a bookcase (I am not kidding here - trust me) and is now happily chewing on a board book. She is developing quite the mischievous personality....
Not much else to post I don't think. I'm going to go try to finish M.'s Elmo pajamas now - I'm almost done. Then I get to move on to pants - which I think will go quicker.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment