One of the really fun parts of being a mom for me is getting to read children's books on a daily basis. There are some I could repeat for you word for word now, having read them so many times, but M. also enjoys getting new ones from the library, where we go often. She picked out one today that I had never seen before called Whaddaymean. It's a great book about kids who walk around the world with God, who is disappointed in what has happened to the creation (pollution, wars, poverty, etc.) and tells the kids they must go and tell the grown-ups to change. I'm not sure M. got the whole depth of the message (she is only 3 after all - a very smart 3, but 3 none the less) but she enjoyed it and we'll read it several more times before we have to return it.
Another great book that she (M.) pulled off her shelf before bedtime last night is one called The Other Dog. It is one by Madeleine L'Engle that I had never heard of before someone gave it to M. as a big sister gift after C. was born. This is the story of L'Engle's first child entering the family told from the point of view of her dog. It is really cute and a great one for big siblings about the funny things babies do. And also great for expectant parents with a pampered pet at home - I seriously think Micah thought much of this book about M. when she was tiny.
There are other children's books that I really like - I'll try to remember to list more in the future.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i would love to hear more about children's books you find! and isn't is sad that madeleine has died?
Post a Comment