Random thoughts from a pastor turned stay-at-home mom now living in the Intermountain west

Thursday, December 13, 2007

27 words for snow

I remember hearing somewhere that the Inuit language (I think that's right) has 27 words for snow. I may have the number wrong, but it is close. I now understand why. We have had snow almost daily since last Friday night. There has been heavy snowfall, light snowfall, big fluffy flakes, little flakes that looked almost like someone had spraypainted them on everything, and more. We got more flurries tonight. Snow, snow, snow. And while it's beautiful, bundling up 2 little girls to the hilt every time we leave the house and continually scraping off the car is starting to get a bit old. Oh well, last July I was complaining about it being over 100 for seemingly weeks on end. At least we have variety here....

No comments: