Random thoughts from a pastor turned stay-at-home mom now living in the Intermountain west

Thursday, November 22, 2007

C's new tricks

We have a climber. Some shots from the last 24 hours.....

First, it was just fun to climb up on her sister's chair. She would sit there on her knees and laugh and smile. Cute, right? (Until she stands up and my heart stops beating for a second...)
Then she figured out how to go from the chair to the coffee table. The keyboard is an old one that stopped working, so we cut the cord off and made it M's when M was about 2 or so. C. now loves to "type" on it....

Looking to see if she has an audience. And waiting for Mom or Dad to come get her down.
Finally, this isn't the best picture, but didn't these shoes for C. turn out cute? I made them yesterday and I think they turned out pretty neat. They are made of a rosy-pink wool felt...to keep her toes nice and warm this winter - or at least until she outgrows them!

ETA - a link to the pattern I found for the shoes - in case anyone reading wants to make a pair. They aren't hard to sew, and I used gripper fabric (think what's on the soles of kids footie pajamas) for the sole, to make them non-slip, instead of leather.

3 comments:

LittleMary said...

i LOVE that 3rd picture of her. so adorable. and the shoes turned out pretty damn cool too!

Unknown said...

Slippers are awesome.

Mutha Mae said...

I just had to comment about the picture in your profile of the mountains. Ahhhh that makes me so homesick. We used to live in Castle Rock, Colorado. Before that, I lived in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. I miss the mountains so much. If you go on more hikes, please post more pictures!