Opening presents - I love the expression on M's face.
She didn't really pull C. out of the newspapers - C. was standing next to the basket holding on to the handle and proclaiming something loudly and the next thing I knew she was sitting in the basket, holding the handle and still proclaiming something loudly. So I had M. sit next to her so I could get a picture, and just as I took it, C. made a break for freedom. M. was trying to stop her, but it takes a bit to stop C......
I love, love, love this smile - I'm so glad I finally caught it on camera....
One of M's presents was a new purple backpack that came with a toy phone, lipstick, nail polish, etc. So she spent all afternoon and evening talking on her new phone and carrying her backpack around, getting things out and playing with them and putting them back in. At one point, I saw her sitting on the couch, pretending to paint her nails, while carrying on a long conversation on her phone, and was hit with 2 simultaneous realizations - 1. my baby is really growing up, 1. God help us when she's old enough to want a real cell phone for herself.
3 comments:
wowsers. she is getting to be a real live person. like seriously.
great pics! thanks for sharing. 4 is such a fun age... but yes... i imagine the poignancy of the growing up really kicks in around then.
That's an awesome smile! Get that one enlarged. Thanks for sharing pictures, and I hope our plans work out. I understand the reluctance to go too far from home.
Post a Comment