One of the things that I have learned in the last year or so that I have not been in formal ministry is that I need a routine to my days - it is far, far, far too easy to let every day be a pajama day and accomplish nothing. While pajama days are fun from time to time (M. loves them), too many lead quickly to a very yucky place mentally - not a good thing. So, Mondays are laundry day here, Tuesdays and Thursdays I go to a mom and baby exercise class, and Wednesdays are cleaning days. Gives me a reason to get up and going each day. W. is home on Fridays (his day off) and we try to do a family activity each Friday - hiking or the zoo or botanical gardens or something like that.
Anyway, I am about 1/2 way done with cleaning for the week. I have dusted and vacuumed the three bedrooms and living room and cleaned the bathroom. My allergies are kicking in and I'm hoping my asthma doesn't follow - air quality is terrible here right now because of the fires and all - if you've read about the big fire in Utah that jumped over I-15 this weekend we are just far enough away to not be in danger of evacuation but close enough to get a bunch of smoke in the air outside. I need to go clean the kitchen, dust and vacuum the dining room, and vacuum the stairs. If I can, I'd like to dust and vacuum the rooms in the basement (which is 85% finished and where we like to hang out in summer because it's actually cool down there) but that will depend on cooperation from the 2 little bodies who follow me around all day......
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment