Random thoughts from a pastor turned stay-at-home mom now living in the Intermountain west

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Life is good

busy as heck, but good. My mom is here and getting settled in. We are enjoying having her close by to babysit a few times a week (and C. now will sometimes say goodbye to me when grandma is here and not throw a holy fit when I leave. Not all the time, but sometimes. Progress!) I am realizing again how lucky I am to have parents who respect our parenting choices and don't undermine them - and therefore I can trust them with my kids without all the drama I have heard from others. It is a gift. My mom is the only one close enough to watch the girls regularly, but the same can be said for my dad and W's mom (and his dad before his dad died).
I am beginning to think spring will never come. There are daffodils in bloom in our neighborhood - and we are supposed to get snow flurries again tonight. I am ready for consistent warm weather....which will probably get here in July when it's in the 90's and above for weeks straight.
I'm also craving some closure on something - my life seems to be filled with on-going, unfinished projects - several of which are going to be very long-term and not entirely in my control. And I want to finish something. My "J" is asserting itself and it is grouchy! Hopefully I'll have time to finish the sundresses I'm making for the girls this week - that will be something completed.

1 comment:

more cows than people said...

so there are other places where there are two seasons, winter and the fourth of july?

actually, we're having a bit of lovely spring right now. i can't complain. it is unusually early this year.